We’ve rounded up a few pick-your-own farms that have fruits and vegetables coming in this week.
Hollin Farms – Delaplane
This weekend, open Wednesday through Sunday, June 15th through June 19th, from 9 am till 1 pm. Last pickers admitted 30 minutes before closing. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Mustard greens
- Sweet and tart cherries. $20 per half-gallon container. Containers must be purchased in advance before entering the cherry orchard, one per person minimum. The purchase of one container will allow the additional entry of one non-paying child (10 and younger) accompanied by a paying individual.
- Blueberries. $5 per pint. Pre-paid, per person
We provide containers. Please do not bring other containers, bags, backpacks, and large purses. No strollers, please. The walk to the sweet cherries is about 500 yards. Walking access only.
Always check before you head out to Hollin Farms. They sometimes make changes based on weather and crop availability.
Hartland Orchard – Markham
The orchard will be opening for Sour Cherries only on Saturday, June 18th from 9 am to 5 pm for about a week. There will be no sweet cherries this year due to damage from a late frost. The sour cherries are limited, so head out this weekend if you want them. They’ll probably only last about a week.
Hartland has peaches in July and August. Apples come in during September and October.
Check for updates before you drive to the orchard.
Green Truck Farm – Markham
We’ve heard blueberries are coming, but so far the farm hasn’t posted that they’re ready. They suggest calling before you plan to go to find out if there’s any fruit to be picked.
Here’s what they offer:
- Strawberries: May/June (these are done for the 2022 season)
- Blueberries: June/July
- Black Raspberries: June/July
- Blackberries: June/July
- Tomatoes: July – September
- Red Raspberries: July – October
- Pumpkins/Winter Squash: Sept/Oct
Located just 50 minutes from the beltway on I-66 in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Green Truck Farm offers families the chance to enjoy the outdoors and pick fruits and vegetables fresh from the vine. We are located at the entrance to Hartland Orchard where my Uncle Bill grows apples, peaches, and cherries.
Valley View Farm – Delaplane
Available this weekend, June 17-19, 2022, sour cherries are ready for picking. There is a limited quantity, so get them while you can. The Montmorency is a tart/sour cherry — great for baking, preserves, and jellies! Cherry baked goods from Main Street Bakery and Catering will be available while supplies last!
This weekend’s hours:
- Friday & Sunday 12 pm-5 pm
- Saturday 12 pm-6 pm
Find more pick-your-own and other farm products in this directory provided by Fauquier County’s Agricultural Development.