Are you ready to celebrate Independence Day? Fireworks are scheduled all around.
The Plains – Great Meadow
For the 33rd year, Great Meadow hosts Northern Virginia’s best fireworks show from its internationally acclaimed steeplechase course. Watch the entire property light up in magnificent patriotic colors – the show begins at dark, lasts 25 minutes, and is accompanied by a musical score.
Country fair atmosphere with huge fireworks display set to music, air shows, children’s games and more. This event draws 30,000+ annually, a family event.
- Admission: $35 – $40 per car
- Days/Hours Open: 5pm‑10pm
- Address: 5089 Old Tavern Road, The Plains, VA 20198
Grab a chair or blanket and come out and enjoy live music, and vendors at Yowell Meadow Park this 4th of July as part of the Town of Culpeper’s Independence day festivities. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at this free event. Fireworks will be held at Rockwater Park.
- 8:30 am-9:45 am – Culpeper Freedom 5K at Culpeper Baptist Church (loops around Yowell Meadow Park & returns to church)
- 10:00 am-2:00 pm – Children’s Kayaking at Yowell Meadow Park
- 10:00 am-3:00 pm – FREEDOM Car & Bike Show at Downtown East Davis Street
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm – Museum of Culpeper History at 113 S. Commerce Street
- 11:00 am-8:00 pm – Food and Craft Vendors at Yowell Meadow Park
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm – Patriotic Demonstration at Yowell Meadow Park
- 1:00 pm-7:30 pm – Moonbounces, Rock Wall & Fellows Hayrides at Yowell Meadow Park
- 4:30 pm-4:50 pm- Musical Performance from MO SAFREN at Yowell Meadow Park
- 5:00 pm-5:20 pm – Musical Performance from KIAYA at Yowell Meadow Park
- 5:30 pm-6:00 pm – Musical Performance from BAILEY HAYES at Yowell Meadow Park
- 6:10 pm-6:40 pm – Musical Performance from ENYA ANGERHOLM at Yowell Meadow Park
- 6:50 pm-7:30 pm – Musical Performance from TANNER CARLTON at Yowell Meadow Park
- 9:15 pm – Fireworks at Rockwater Park (Closed to Public) **Cannot be viewed from Yowell Meadow Park**
The Middleburg Community Center once again hosts the 4th of July celebration in Middleburg with headliner Junk Food. The children’s parade is a must-see! Kids decorate their bikes, wagons, scooters and more to compete for first place. Line up at 5:30 pm, and follow the chief of police as he leads the parade through town beginning at 6 pm. Advance registration is required.
- 11am-8pm: Community Center Pool Open to the public
- 5:30pm: Children’s parade line-up in the gravel parking lot (advanced registration required)
- 6pm: Children’s parade begins & goes through the town
- *the following activities will be held in the ball field & picnic grounds*
- 4-8pm FOOD & BEVERAGE BBQ, dogs, burgers, beer, wine, & ice cream
- 4-9pm AMUSEMENTS: Bouncy houses & inflatable obstacles
- 3:30-5:30pm FREE LIVE MUSIC: Opening Band
- 6-9pm FREE LIVE MUSIC: Premier Headliner: Junk Food
- 9:15pm: Fireworks extravaganza!
Food and drinks provided by:
- Divine Swine Food Truck
- Middleburg Lions
- Tip Top Tap Truck (beer and wine)
- Auntie RaRa’s Ice Cream Truck
Do you plan to camp out all day, or desire a front-row seat to the fireworks extravaganza? Reserve an exclusive picnic table with an umbrella that can seat up to six for $225. Table reservations are available 11 am – the grand finale of the fireworks.
For more info, go to www.middleburgcommunitycenter.com.
Sperryville Volunteer Fire Department will once again celebrate the 4th with Rappahannock County’s annual celebration.
“We are very excited to bring fireworks back to Rappahannock County after a two-year absence due to health concerns related to COVID. We sincerely appreciate the generosity of Lindsay and Heidi Eastham and their family for the use of their beautiful farm to host the event,” Sperryville Volunteer Fire Department Fourth of July Committee Chair Chucky Jenkins said in a statement.
“This is truly a community event as we look forward to welcoming back all of our previous supporters, vendors, and entertainers. It takes a lot of resources to plan and organize the event so having community support is vital to our continued success. We are anticipating this year to be our best event ever.”
- Admission: Parking is available on a first-come basis with general admission at $40 per vehicle, and tailgate parking at $60 per vehicle
- Days/Hours Open: Gates open at 3 pm
- Address: Ben Venue Farm, 98 Ben Venue Rd. in Flint Hill